I see Steven Streufert wrote something in his blog about Willow Creek’s Bigfoot Days celebration this last weekend.
Here in Happy Camp I avoided the Bigfoot Jamboree this year because there’s no Bigfoot content to it. I have gone in the past and enjoyed it but I’ve been in Happy Camp for nearly ten years, and so far as I know in all that time they’ve had only one Bigfoot presentation scheduled, and that was in 2006 when Dr. Matthew Johnson came here to tell us about his Bigfoot sighting at Oregon Caves.
Next year I’ll offer to speak at the Happy Camp Bigfoot Jamboree. I’ve been studying Bigfoot sightings around this community since 2005. I started my research because the town had numerous businesses named after Bigfoot, the statues, etc… but few stories about actual Bigfoot encounters. I wanted to know if there’s any basis for the Bigfoot hoopla here – the Bigfoot Jamboree and all.
During my four years of Bigfoot research I’ve heard quite a few stories about local sightings/phenomena and read many more on the internet. I’m ready to present my findings to the public… and so… if they’ll have me speak at the 2010 Bigfoot Jamboree, I’ll tell them about what I’ve found out, so far.
Without Bigfoot speakers, the events are just music and vendors. People trying to make money and other people spending money because it is the most exciting thing to happen in a small town in months. Stuff I can do without — but God bless them!
Steven Streufert has the same idea… that his town’s Bigfoot Days celebration needs Bigfoot speakers to be complete. He suggests a conference there next year. If that comes off, I will have to divide my time that weekend between my (hopeful) talk at Happy Camp’s Bigfoot Jamboree and Willow Creek’s Bigfoot Days. In any case, I hope that organizers of these events realize that Bigfoot research is a vital hobby for many of us and that we’d like to have this represented during the celebrations.
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?