The Eureka Times-Standard is the closest major newspaper to the site of Patterson’s 1967 Bigfoot filming. Bluff Creek is north-east of Eureka; both places are in Humboldt County, California which is just east of Siskiyou County, where I live.
Author and Bigfoot researcher David Paulides was interviewed for a May 30, 2009 article about his investigation and book on Hoopa Bigfoot sightings. I’ve already written a review of that book: The Hoopa Project.
In the article, Bigfoot is not at all imaginary for many inland residents, a paragraph from The Hoopa Project is printed – about a sighting by the local supermarket manager. It took place in front of what used to be a computer store on Highway 96. The man was driving to work one early morning from Willow Creek and clearly saw a Bigfoot standing on the highway. Until that time he was a Bigfoot skeptic.
This is only one of many fascinating Bigfoot sighting reports documented in The Hoopa Project.
Now – Good News – David Paulides has had another Bigfoot book published. I haven’t read it all yet, and my full book review will have to wait a while. The new book is Tribal Bigfoot.
The new book contains reports from many Northern California locations as well as Oklahoma and Minnesota. One of his investigations was an interview with Collette Alexander, whose Bigfoot story was originally posted here on Bigfoot Sightings: Santa Cruz, California Bigfoot Sighting, 1999.
I’m a Siskiyou County resident living in Happy Camp in the center of the Klamath National Forest – so I found the chapter on our county of interest. He interviewed and wrote about Darrell Whiteaker, who I don’t know; Lars Larsen, a long-time Happy Camper I am acquainted with; and Tara Hauki, who I know quite well and who comments on this site from time to time.
Other chapters in the book: Historical Bigfoot, The Bigfoot Map Project, Associations, Extreme Sighting Locations, Santa Cruz County, Amador County, Trinity County, Del Norte County, Humboldt County, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and The Bigfoot/Hairy Man/Human Connection.
Sounds intriguing, doesn’t it?
In the meantime I’ve been reading Bigfoot Encounters in New York and New England – a book by Paul B. Bartholomew and Robert E. Bartholomew – brothers. I will post my review soon!
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?