Today The Willets News reported there was a Bigfoot sighting on Highway 101 north of Willets near Shimmins Ridge Road during the Mendocino Lightning Complex fires last summer. Willets is a small town in Northern California between the San Francisco Bay Area and Eureka.
According to reporter Linda Williams, Chris LoPinto of Laytonville and at least one other driver saw the creature step into the southbound lane near a guardrail. It ran into the path of a small truck and caused LoPinto to brake hard. The truck, which was trying to pass LoPinto’s car, managed to avoid hitting the Bigfoot and continued on without stopping.
LoPinto said the Bigfoot ran upright on its legs until it got to the middle of the highway which was four lanes at that point. Then it leaned over and ran with its arms down the rest of the way, to safety. Bigfoot investigator Tom Yamarone told the reporter that the fact the Bigfoot used its arms to cross the second half of the freeway was highly unusual.
At that point some might think the creature was a bear, but LoPinto got a good look at the face – the Bigfoot was only 25 feet away.
Estimated at seven feet tall.
It was covered with hair.
The face was completely flat, without a protruding nose.
When it turned to look at LoPinto its neck was stiff so it turned its entire body.
Its face was yellow or gold like a ripe banana.
It had a smooth, shiny forehead with ridges and no eyebrows.
The eyes glowed red, possibly as a reflection from the car’s headlights.
It had thin lips.
It had a simian face.
It appeared to be suffering from heat and heavy smoke from the fire.
LoPinto filed reports with the Department of Fish and Game and with the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Department. At first he didn’t realize it was a Bigfoot. Eventually he got hold of Tom Yamarone to investigate.
Tom Yamarone’s website: Bigfoot Songs.
Source: Bigfoot Sighting on Highway 101 by Linda Williams, published on October 29, 2008 in The Willets News.
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?