I received this fascinating story in email a few days ago. The contributor wants to remain anonymous.
“I have a good story I’d like to contribute, file under anonymous. I can’t be sure if everyone is familiar with Teddy Roosevelt’s story from the Pacific northwest but it has some similarities. . . .
“My story begins with a friend a few years older than me. He has a brother approx. some 10 yrs. older and this took place in the early 80s. He was from Redding and his older brother always wanted to be a Marine. His older brother had 2 close friends who went into the Marines with him; these guys didn’t see combat and were in the Marines primarily for training and soon (couple years later) were back home. They promised each other for the rest of their lives they would venture into the deep forest for approx 10 days a year, packing everything they needed. 4 days in, 2 days rest, 4 days back, give or take. This was the 3rd year and they chose different places each time.
“This story takes place in Modoc Forest. They drove their jeep as far as they could, camoed it out of sight and went in dressed like marines, carrying assault rifles and were looking for something to unleash fire on. They said they had a strange feeling they couldn’t explain, like they weren’t alone and were being watched. They pressed on for a day or two and the feeling got stronger. They report an eerie lack of wildlife or sounds. In fact they didn’t hear or see anything (alive).
“On approx. the third day they all came to the same conclusion, they wanted to leave. That’s strange in and of itself; these guys don’t quit and run from anything and none objected to the idea. They double timed it back to the jeep, uncovered it and started to drive. For the entirety of their trip no animals were seen or heard.
“Just as they get under way in the jeep, one man in back with an assault rifle and also passenger heavily armed, they notice something just inside the brush/tree line making pace with the vehicle. Whatever it was is reported to be at least 7-8 feet tall, looking only at them, and not where it’s going for 1/3 mile, obviously on 2 legs and doing about 15mph in the bush. They all made eye contact with it although the driver only briefly. All report a sinking feeling, mortified and demoralized. The thought of being offensive or throwing down any fire wasn’t there, actually their rationale was lost during the encounter.
“This is the best part: they all report huge red glowing eyes that pierce your soul. Shortly after it vanished back into the woods. They didn’t speak for weeks after, they don’t tell this story to anyone. My friend hounded his brother for weeks to tell him what was wrong, i feel privileged to know. I’ve only told this story a hand full of times. What was it i wonder, big foot, chupacabra, predator, a fawn, mothman, a skunk monkey?
“Fact, after the incident these marines seem to be dealing with some PTSD; did it take their souls? They don’t go into the woods anymore, they’re not who they once were and I’d say scared of the dark is an understatement, although the driver isn’t quite as bad off. There are things in this world no man should know lest he learn the hard way and there’s no going back.”
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?