Cliff Barackman’s website is fairly new, but packed with fascinating information. For example, he’s installed a unique index of Bigfoot footprint casts giving the specs on each including the place it was found, the size, the date, and the name of the person who discovered it. There’s so much to see on this site I wasn’t able to read it all in one day… but I’ll be back. There’s an ongoing Bigfoot research blog associated with this site that I’ve only read a few entries of. I may feature that separately in the future, because I really want to read it all.
Cliff Barackman has been involved with Bigfoot research for at least fifteen years and currently has three ongoing Bigfoot study areas in Oregon. His comments about the kinds of things that go on there are fascinating. He’s also got articles on the site — I couldn’t read them all today but went down the list until I saw A Place for Amateurs and figured that was the article for me. It was very encouraging, giving practical suggestions for a scientific approach to Bigfoot research.
Speaking of encouragement, I met Cliff during the summer of 2008 when he came through Happy Camp (you can see the photograph on my blog post about Tom Yamarone) and he said something that was very encouraging to me. I was wondering how I should develop my approach to Bigfoot research and he said something to the effect that my blog was fine as it was – as being someone in the Klamath River area commenting on local sightings. A little bit of encouragement is very helpful, and Cliff, if you ever read this, I want to thank you for that!
Other articles on this site will appeal to more experienced Bigfoot researchers: Thermal Imagers in Bigfoot Research and A Case for Infrasound are a little too high-tech for me but may be exactly what you need to read about. More my speed, The Ten Essentials of Bigfooting lists practical items like a tape measure and latex gloves — things I can afford and know how to use.
Cliff included a section on the cultural impact of Bigfoot, recommending books, movies, artists, and musicians. Take a walk on the wild side… and if you have questions look at the Bigfoot FAQ. There are some Bigfoot videos on the site you may not have seen before. There are also Bigfoot sound recordings he’s collected during his Bigfoot research activities. For a new site, this is very comprehensive, but that is a reflection of his years of experience. If you want to be involved in Bigfoot research, this is definitely a site worth taking the time to read.
[Update 2012: The site has been renamed: Cliff Barackman Bigfoot Research.]
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?