Dr. John Bindernagel, B.S.A., MS, Ph.D., is a professional wildlife biologist based in British Columbia, Canada. He has studied Bigfoot evidence since 1975. In 1988 he found and cast a set of Bigfoot footprints near his home. In the mid-1990s he wrote a book, North America’s Great Ape: The Sasquatch Since that time he’s written some well-received scientific research papers about Bigfoot and some magazine articles as well.
I read his entire Bigfoot biology website today and appreciated his discussion of three types of Bigfoot evidence: tracks, sightings, and other phenomena. With his discussion of other phenomena he provided several excellent photographs of tree twists – broken by a force that’s hard to imagine unless it could be an actual Bigfoot.
I especially appreciated the page about whether Sasquatch witnesses are confusing Bigfoot with bears. He mentions that forestry workers and other outdoors people are unlikely to mistake a bear for something else. An illustration shows the vital differences between an upright bear and a Bigfoot, and even the tracks of each are examined for perspective.
Dr. Bindernagel doesn’t doubt that there’s a real creature called Sasquatch, and focuses on understanding the biological aspects of Sasquatch life. He’s documented the distribution of Sasquatch reports across the North American continent.
On his page about Sasquatch and science he wrote:
“One aspect of my own sasquatch research and writing is that of assisting in validating the sasquatch as a subject for serious research by mainstream sceientists. I have attempted to acquaint students of natural history, field naturalists and colleagues in science with existing data and evidence. I do not try to convince them to necessarily accept the sasquatch as an existing animal, but rather to recognize that it … may be a subject worthy of serious discussion and some research effort.”
Dr. John Bindernagle is a pioneer in the scientific study of Bigfoot. His contribution to Bigfoot research is very much appreciated.
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?