Last Saturday my Bigfoot research partner and I explored the wilderness north of Seiad Valley in the Oak Knoll Ranger District of the Klamath National Forest. This is an area in Northern California where Bigfoot footprints have been found; I’ve spoken to one first-hand witness and heard of several others.
We traveled north on Seiad Creek Road which borders the creek until there’s a bridge crossing the creek, at which point the road veers to the right and up a hill. Great views! The road continues all the way to Oregon.
The first photo is Seaid Creek. I took this photo from the little bridge that crosses Seiad Creek Road. There were other much more picturesque areas on the creek, but I got no photos of them. I’ve heard there are several swimming holes and waterfalls, but we didn’t see them. There was also a recent marijuana farm bust in the area; when hiking in the forest, be aware that the Mexican mafia uses the forest for marijuana crops and can be very dangerous if detected. Signs to watch for are hedges of dried and broken branches, and pvc pipe near streams.
The second photo is a ridge in an area where Bigfoot prints were found. We spent a lot of time scanning this area, as I’ve been considering it for Bigfoot research for several years. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get into the back country, so I’m leaving this information here for other researchers who may be looking for new locations to explore.
This ridge is not far from the location of Dr. Matthew Johnson’s well-documented and credible Bigfoot sighting in July 2000 at Oregon Caves, south of Cave Junction, Oregon.
The third photo is of me, crossing an old, broken and abandoned bridge. The bridge may have been as old as 100 years; of course we have no way of knowing the exact age. It was made from two large logs with planks across them.
We crossed the stream here and hiked uphill on a very old dirt road, then came to the ruins of an old cabin. It seemed to have burned, and we guessed it may have been burned by the forest service to discourage people from trying to move in. As you can see, there was also an attempt to burn the large logs of this bridge. Beyond the destroyed cabin, there was a hiking trail which we intend to return to.
The fourth photo is of me, climbing up the west bank of the creek next to the destroyed bridge. It may look like I’m holding a cigarette… but I’m not. That’s a twig in the background. I’m not a cigarette smoker. Note the Bogger.Com hoodie… I used to use Blogger.Com but switched to WordPress a few years ago.
Anyhow, it is a great area for exploration, and easy to access. To get there travel west from Highway 5 on the State of Jefferson Scenic Byway, Highway 96, to Seiad Valley, which is 18 miles west of Happy Camp, California. Turn north on Seiad Creek Road. Soon it becomes a dirt road and the further north you get, the rockier it becomes. It goes all the way to Oregon. Of course, the road is closed during winter due to snow.
About the photos: My Bigfoot research partner and I hold the copyrights on these photographs. Do not take them and use them without our permission! I always have to mention this on this site because people have stolen photos from me in the past and used them online and in other publications. That is a copyright violation. Please don’t do it!
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?