I’ve spent a lot of time in Santa Cruz. I used to live there, many years ago, and my first job, in 1970, was at the John Ingalls brussel sprouts cannery that used to be on Laurel Street near the railroad tracks. It was torn down years ago.
I’m well aware of how spooky the old forest north and west of Santa Cruz can be. It is a charming yet shadowy and sometimes eerie area with a narrow two-lane highway winding through it. The redwood trees and dense, lush undergrowth make a trip through this forest an experience to savor. Yet I never thought of that area as a place where there might be a Bigfoot lurking in the woods.
Why? Because the Santa Cruz area is densely populated by human beings. There are miles of unpopulated forested hills there in the California Coast Mountain Range, so I know it is possible that Sasquatch are living there, but if they’re there, I’ll guess they’re feeling fairly well penned in by now as human civilization encroaches on all sides.
I was surprised to receive the following sighting report in my email, but the woman who wrote it is willing to put her name next to the claim. That’s always a good first step toward making a sighting report believable. She also told me she discussed this with Mike Rugg, owner and curator of the Bigfoot Museum in Felton (a small town in the forest near Santa Cruz) who told her there have been other sightings in the area.
In a follow-up email Colette added: “I was a firefighter in Humbolt county for two years and have been way back in the woods, Shasta/Trinity fires in 1987. Only seen/heard coyotes. Never even thought or necessarily believed in their existence until I saw it myself. . . . Natural man – the meek – may in fact – just inherit their earth back.”
Now there’s a thought that brings up goosebumps on my arms. How do you feel about that?
Does anyone in the Santa Cruz area want to research this more? Let me know if you need contact information.
[Update: This is being investigated and documented further by David Paulides of North American Bigfoot Search.]
Here’s a map of the area.
More Bigfoot sightings in that area: Campers Claim They Saw Bigfoot
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?