I just finished reading Steven Streufert’s Bigfoot Books Blog from the first post in December 2008, to the most recent in August which featured Friends of Sasquatch (of which I’m a member.) Thanks, Steven!
I was deeply impressed by the quality of Steven’s writing. For example, from his first blog posting I pulled this line: “Most consider it a popular delusion, the product of wild speculation and equally feral expectations.” Also: “Is this all just an hallucinatory Jungian mass projection of the collective unconscious, a desire for a wild and mysterious revivification? And if so, what is this archetype? Can a myth leave footprints?” Source. With word skill like that I have the impression that this man will be writing a lot more in the months and years to come.
For many of his postings, the content was palpable, and the depth of information worthy of note. Here are a few Bigfoot Books Blog articles I especially liked and want to point out to readers:
1. Black Helicopter on Bluff Creek Bigfoot Film Site! Giant Salamander Found! Huge Rockslide Blocks Road to Louse Camp! And More News… – in which Steven recounts an expedition to Bluff Creek during which he was surprised by a black helicopter. Great information!
2. Quotes of the Day: RENE DAHINDEN. Plus a Plug for SASQUATCH ODYSSEY Documentary – get to know Rene Dahinden better and put Sasquatch Odyssey in your Netflix queue – that’s what I did!
3. NEWS: Bigfoot Books on Cryptomundo! Save Bluff Creek Company Store! A Meeting with Jerry Hein & Vocalizations, Sasquatch Hair Samples & Footprints – Steven Streufert has taken up the cause of finding someone of means to purchase the property at Bluff Creek that includes the old Bluff Creek Company Store that Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin shopped in before heading north for their encounter with Bigfoot. Also I found the section about Jerry Hein’s expedition to be fascinating.
4. Bigfoot and Beer, Lost Coast Ganesh I.P.A. Controversy Surrounds Flatmo Image; Church of Bigfoot, Scientist up in Arms! – a virtual collection of Bigfoot beers! This article made me want to buy a case of Indica beer, especially after hearing the brewery has been sued over their beer’s artwork depicting a legendary East-Indian creature.
This photo shows Steven Streufert working at Bigfoot Books in Willow Creek, California, just down the road from Bluff Creek. Next time you’re in the area stop by and meet him, and prepare to buy books because you will seriously want to! He has a large collection of new and used books about Bigfoot for sale, as well as almost every other type of book imaginable.
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?