Tony Martin found what he believes are Bigfoot fossil footprints in Maine in 1975. He was rock houding in Coos Canyon, near Byrun when he found rocks resembling 12″ long footprints, weighing about 5 pounds each. His first reaction was to think they were petrified Bigfoot tracks.
An article today in the Lewiston Maine Sun Journal shows Tony Martin holding one of his two footprint-shaped rocks.
Apparently many people he’s shown them to don’t agree either because they are too skeptical to care about anything concerning Bigfoot, or because they have alternate expanations for the existence of these possible Bigfoot fossil footprints.
The article cites one expert, Tom Weddle of the Maine Geological Survey. Weddle says that the rocks are probably about 400 million years old and made metamorphically from mica crystals and staurolite. He believes Bigfoot is a modern creature, not something that would have been roaming this planet 400 million years ago.
I am not a professional geologist, but will give my opinion on that anyhow. From what I’ve learned from Michael Cremo, author of Forbidden Archeology, humans have existed on this planet for millions of years. For example, he knows of the discovery of a Precambrian-era metal vase dating from 600 million years ago, as well as many similarly ancient discoveries. So I don’t buy the idea that Bigfoot could not have been around to create fossilized footprints in ancient Maine.
The article, by Kathryn Skelton, includes a short interview with BFRO founder Matt Moneymaker, regarding how he makes money and what he believes makes his $300 Bigfoot expeditions worthwhile.
Source: Bigfoot & ME (Maine) by Kathryn Skelton, published in the Lewiston Maine Sun Journal.
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Barbara commented on Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- Jane Cain commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- andrew king commented on Bigfoot Expedition Near Bend, Oregon
- Paul commented on What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- BT Richards commented on What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?