By Linda Martin – @2009 – http://www.bigfootsightings.org
Yesterday I was writing in my journal while sitting next to the Klamath River a few miles outside of town, about 11 am, when I heard a couple whoops, then a whistle, then a brief silence, and then more whoops and whistles. That was all. The whole thing lasted less than a minute. The whoops and whistles didn’t sound like any animals I know of in the forest near here.
I just spent some time listening to various Bigfoot sound recordings on the internet. I finally found something that sounds like what I heard on a BFRO page of Bigfoot/Sasquatch related sound recordings. The sound titled, “Whoops and Knocks” from California in 1974 has a very similar whooping sound… very short whoops. And further on down the page there’s one titled, “Growls and Whistling” that has similar whistling sounds.
I’m not saying I heard Bigfoot. All I’m saying here is that I heard sounds I thought were unusual for this forest, and that I thought they might have come from a Bigfoot. On the other hand they might have come from something else, and I’m open to suggestions here.
The sounds I heard came from the wooded hillside on the south side of the river, across from where I was sitting. It has been suggested to me that the sounds could have been made by river rafters going through the rapids at the bottom of the cliff I sat next to, but I don’t think so for several reasons. First, they didn’t sound human. Second, there were no other sounds associated with rafters such as laughter and talking. Third, I think that if someone was experiencing a moment of excitement going through the rapids, they wouldn’t give two short “Whoop, Whoop” sounds, then whistle. What I heard sounded feral and animal-like.
Today I was back in the same place for more journaling when I heard a shout coming from the canyon. I looked and saw two kayaks on the river bank. The owner of the voice was hiking around somewhere. This kind of human sound is much different from what I heard yesterday, so I’m not at all convinced of the river rafter theory, and my friend here isn’t at all convinced that I heard whoops and whistles worth writing about, especially in this Bigfoot blog. What do you think? Should I have kept it to myself?
The only recording device I have is my SanDisk (like an IPod) but the sound isn’t downloadable to my computer. However I will keep it on next time I go to this section of the river for my morning journal writing session just in case I’m lucky enough to hear something like this again. I’d like to at least be able to show my friend what it is I heard.
For the record, there have been Bigfoot sighting reports of encounters on the Klamath River Highway on this side of town, in 2003 (a local teenager) and 2005 (a visiting pastor from a large congregation in Southern California.)
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?