Lately I’ve received some comments about Matt Moneymaker, CEO of BFRO and apparently now the star of Animal Planet’s Finding Bigfoot television show. I say “apparently” because I don’t watch the show. I haven’t watched television in over ten years! (I’ll watch when Netflix posts it!) But for those of you who do watch television, this show is getting some attention and I’m getting criticisms of Matt Moneymaker — blog comments, and some comments in email – one from a person who thought Bigfoot Sightings is Matt’s site. ((Well, no, it isn’t!))
I have never met Matt Moneymaker and he’s never contacted me via email or any other way. I have nothing against him. I’ve heard complaints. I’ve heard praise of him too. And honestly, I have no opinion for or against him. I think it is cool he is working with Animal Planet to create a television show. This is definitely a great marketing move and I honestly don’t blame anyone who tries to make some money with Bigfoot research. It is idealistic to say people shouldn’t make money with their hobbies or avocations. We all have to pay the cost of living, and sorry to say this civilization requires personal funding.
So… I’m just saying… congratulations to everyone who is involved with the TV show. I hope the viewers enjoy it. Sorry there are criticisms of Matt but I’ll bet he’s used to that by now. You can’t actually DO anything “out of the box” these days without getting criticized because of it.
This site isn’t Matt’s. His Bigfoot site is BFRO which is a much more successful web enterprise and Bigfoot research endeavor than mine.
I’m not against anyone. I’m not in competition with anyone regarding Bigfoot research. I learned long ago that there are some huge egos in Bigfoot research and I’m not interested in trying to be bigger or better than anyone else. For me, Bigfoot research is a lot more fun without the personal squabbles, and I strive to avoid contact with ‘researchers’ who make a habit of criticizing and insulting others who are out looking for Bigfoot. ((God save me from divisive and egotistical bullies!))
For you who criticize – I’m not against you either. I have a ‘live and let live’ state of mind. Gosh, I feel that way about Bigfoot too!
Oh… and great news for me… my old friend and neighbor JavaBob Schmalzbach is coming back to Happy Camp! I’m counting the days until I see him and his dear wife again. I don’t know how the rest of you out there in the Bigfooting world feel about him, but here in Happy Camp JavaBob is someone very special. He’s a former president of our Chamber of Commerce, and someone we care about for reasons that have nothing to do with Bigfoot! (And did you know I’m the person who brought up the idea of Bigfoot research here in Happy Camp, and shared that with Bob back in early 2005 when I first bought the domain name for this site? …And LOOK what he’s done with his Bigfoot research! He even wrote a book!!!) … so whatever anyone has to say about who he is or what he’s done, to me he is my friend and neighbor and someone who earned my respect and loyalty many years ago because of what he’s done for this community, his friendliness, his hospitality, his local business endeavors, and his lovely family….
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?