It is nearly marijuana harvest season and anyone entering the backwoods here in Northern California should be aware of the dangers from farmers of illegal marijuana. The Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Department found that marijuana farms in the forest have similar characteristics. If you’re planning to do any squatching in our forest, know what to look for.
According to the Sheriff’s department, forest marijuana farms usually have a boundary of tree branches piled high around them. If you see anything like that it is best to walk away. Another sign you might notice is PVC pipes or hoses dipped into a creek as a water supply. If you ever see anything of that nature in the forest, it is time to head in a safer direction. Owners or caretakers of the marijuana farms are usually armed and dangerous.
It is believed that most of the illegal marijuana farms in my area (Klamath National Forest) are tended by growers from south of the California border; they come here to hide in our forest and grow marijuana for a cartel. The marijuana is now starting to bud so harvest will come soon, in September or early October.
This is a high-dollar, high-risk business and growers do not care about the safety of anyone out looking for Bigfoot.
These farms have been found deep in the woods near logging roads, or even close to towns and near busy roads. Be careful when you’re out there squatching. Summer may not be the best time. Perhaps if marijuana is legalized in California, the situation will ease.
[Photographs from the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Department are of a forest marijuana farm they raided in 2006.]
About MeI'm Linda Jo Martin, a Bigfoot believer living in Northern California about fifty miles from the Bluff Creek film site. There have been five reports of Bigfoot sightings within a mile of my home near Happy Camp, CA. I'm a member of Friends of Sasquatch, a local research partnership for study of inter-species communication via subtle energies, and for the protection of Sasquatch.
Connect with me at Google +
- Pocatello, Idaho Bigfoot Video, 2012
- Marble Mountain Wilderness Bigfoot Sightings
- What If Everything They Told Us About the PG Bigfoot Movie Was a Lie?
- Bigfoot Researcher Don Monroe on IF Radio – The Horses are Coming!
- Dazed Bigfoot Crossed California Highway 101 During Fires
- The Kentucky Bigfoot Sighting – Game Cam Picture
- Mushmasta’s Bigfoot Video
- Friends of Sasquatch – All Different!
- The Trail-Cam “Bigfoot” – My Opinion
- Michigan Bigfoot
- Alberta: Bigfoot Walking on Water
- How to Find Bigfoot
- Dr. Matthew Johnson and the Oregon Caves Bigfoot Sighting
- North American Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman’s Site
- Bigfoot Psychics v. Bigfoot Conventionalists – Must It Be This Way?
- Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society
- Myron Getman’s Wakpominee Bigfoot Story
- Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Georgia Bigfoot
- Bigfoot Found in Backyard – Radio Broadcast Online
- Linda Jo Martin commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- Barbara commented on How to Find Bigfoot
- S Woods commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- Paul R. Deranger commented on Texas: Bigfoot Sighting at the Neches River
- CJ Perry commented on Could Bigfoot be the Next Newly Discovered Race of Human Beings?